Effective date and version: May 25, 2018, version 2.0
GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE
To ensure we are GDPR-compliant, we have:
We require information
- Reviewed and updated our processes and policies for privacy and data protection
- Provided training for our Team on the new regulations
- Removed old and obsolete information and records
- Appointed a Data Protection Officer
(like your name and nature of your inquiry) to understand your needs and provide you with a better service:
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported on the Website
- To process any requests from you made via our online forms
- Internal record keeping
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We are using the grounds of Legitimate Interest to maintain contact with our existing pre May 25th 2018 CRM database. All new clients will be asked to positively opt-in after this date.
As required, we will inform contacts of a data breach within a 72-hour window of becoming aware of the occurrence of a data breach.
Right to Access
We will provide confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us, where the data is being stored and for what purpose. Furthermore, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, usually free of charge, in writing.
Right to be Forgotten
The right to be forgotten entitles you to obtain from the controller the erasure of any personal data without undue delay and to stop any further distribution of the data.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. dent&buckle aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we have relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Services, to improve and customise our Services.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Services at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
- We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
- This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information about your download and installation of our Services and the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use the collected data for various purposes:
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, exclusive offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are like those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
We may process your Personal Data because:
Retention of data
- We need to perform a contact with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Ireland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Ireland and process it there.
Disclosure of data:
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We engage third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services ("Service Providers"), to perform functions, provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Services are used.
These service providers are based in Ireland, the United States and other countries and are bound by a contract with us that ensures your data is managed in accordance with EU Data Protection laws.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our Services are SaaS services (Software-As-A-Service) and are centrally hosted in a network of data centres. Our hosting provider runs, supports and backs up our Services as requested by us.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
We use Google Analytics as a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Services. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Controlling your personal information
- Apple Store In-App Payments
- Google Play In-App Payments
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. If you wish to know more about your rights in regard to personal data, then please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.